TaylOrganic Farm / Split Cedar Farm – Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA) Program is now being offered at Buttermilk Kitchen
TaylOrganic Farm is a family-owned and operated farm just southeast of the Atlanta perimeter in Henry County, Georgia.
What is a CSA Program?
- Community supported agriculture. This means a community develops a relationship with a local farmer to invest in the farm and in return, receive a share of food each week.
- It is a mutually beneficial relationship. By receiving funds (working capital) upfront, the farm is able to invest in the land to produce your food. You will know that your produce will be grown with sound and sustainable farming practices.
- As a member, you are able to come out to the farm and see exactly where you food is coming from. We also host several events on the farm each year, from farm dinners to pick-your-own events.
Why should I join a CSA?
- In the U.S., the average grocery store’s produce travels 1500 miles between farm and plate.
- We don’t think you should eat anything if you don’t know where it comes from! You are what you eat.
- You are supporting an independent farm and helping to preserve local, family farms and our rural landscape, along with a local economy.
- You are receiving fresh, local, and nutritious produce that is good, clean, and fair. Good to eat; good for the land. Clean for our bodies; clean for Mother Nature. Fair to consumers; fair to producers.
- You are choosing to eat seasonally and, as a result, learning to be more creative with your cooking. By doing so, you are doing your body and health a tremendous favor by staying in sync with the patterns of the earth.
Why eat locally?
- Provides fresher, more nutritious, and better tasting food
- Helps preserve local family farms and our rural landscape
- Supports a strong regional economy by keeping local money in the community
- Saves on transportation costs & reduces environmental impact
- Keeps people connected to the source of their food
- Builds a sustainable society
How are you different than other CSA programs?
- Sign-up at any time of the year for a 12-, 24-, 36-, or 52-week experience
- Skip weeks are allowed if you go out of town. We will extend your contract for those weeks.
- Payment plans available for longer contracts.
Further information to come. We are very excited to share this experience with you!!!